Fifth Third Bancorp 2012 Corporate Social Responsibility Report,
'Reputation Matters,' Now Available
Cincinnati – Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ: FITB) has published its annual report on corporate social responsibility (CSR). It can be accessed as a website at www.53.com/csrreport and hard copies printed on recycled paper also are available in limited quantities.
The report, titled "Reputation Matters," demonstrates the ways in which Fifth Third strives to earn a reputation for being a good corporate citizen through its signature financial empowerment programming and commitment to the many entities it serves, including:
- Consumers: By actively engaging with and listening to customers, Fifth Third builds its reputation for value and trust. This section of the report discusses Fifth Third Bank's commitment to Fair Lending and Responsible Banking, its approach to retail banking and creating a positive customer experience, specialized consumer assistance and outreach efforts.
- Communities: Fifth Third is collaborative in helping to create and sustain vibrant communities. Local teams allow Fifth Third to stay close to the issues facing its neighbors, helping to guide investments and activities. Efforts include the Organization's Empowering Community Leaders Scholarship Program for non-profit organizations, its Enterprise Investment Fund, the 5-3 Impact Initiative and philanthropic gifts through the Fifth Third Foundation.
- Businesses: Fifth Third Bank actively supports businesses of all sizes with smart financial solutions. These products and services ultimately impact individual families and communities, as businesses fuel the economy and provide employment opportunities. The Bank's commitment to businesses includes industry-specific banking teams, small business advocacy and products, the opening of new banking centers and providing or sponsoring a number of events designed to bring business leaders together, share best practices or offer educational support.
- Employees: Employees are the ambassadors and embodiment of Fifth Third. The Company cares a great deal about how engaged its employees are in its Purpose and how employees work together to fulfill Fifth Third's Vision. This section discusses work around engagement and inclusion – including awards and event notes from around the footprint – as well as the positive impact employees have on communities through their volunteer efforts.
- Environment: Fifth Third continues to do its part to operate its business in a more environmentally sustainable way. Progress in 2012 includes a reduction in energy consumption, achieving recognition from the U.S. Green Building Council under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Program, the expansion of its recycling program and outreach efforts.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $121 billion in assets and operates 18 affiliates with 1,321 full-service Banking Centers, including 104 Bank Mart® locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,426 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 33% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of March 31, 2013, had $318 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $27 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. . Fifth Third's common stock is traded on the Nasdaq® National Global Select Market under the symbol "FITB." Fifth Third Bank was established in 1858. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender .