Privacy & Security
financial information and protect your future.
Protecting Yourself from Phishing
To help keep you and your money safe from fraudsters, be on the lookout for these common warning signs. And remember: We’re always here to help.
To report fraudulent or suspicious activity with your account, call 800‑972‑3030, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.‑6 p.m. and Saturday, 10:00 a.m.‑4 p.m., ET. To report activity on your card, follow the prompts to dispute a transaction or report a card lost or stolen for 24/7 service. You may also report your card as lost or stolen at any time online or via the Fifth Third mobile app.
How We Protect You
When you entrust your banking details and sensitive information to Fifth Third, you can count on us to do our part to help shield you and your accounts from would-be fraudsters. From using the latest encryption technology to offering state of the art identity alerts, we offer multiple layers of identity and fraud protection. Fifth Third Bank respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it with our privacy policies.
Learn more about:
- The ways we protect your banking and personal information every minute of every day
- Our anti-money laundering policies to combat terrorist financing
- Website security on 53.com
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)(PDF)
Identity theft and fraud can not only hurt your bank account, they can also wreak havoc on the hard work you’ve put in for you and your family’s future. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to bolster your protection:
3 Ways to Keep Your Accounts Safe
Don’t make a fraudster’s job any easier. Use these three security tips to help protect your information.
Current threats and trends
Don’t fall for phish bait.
Has something phishy arrived in your inbox? Phishing emails are a common way that fraudsters try to get unsuspecting recipients to share personal and financial information.
Avoid the bait. Learn how to spot phishing:
- Download our infographic so you know how to identify a suspicious email.
- Watch the many ways phishing works and how to protect your information.
Did you know?
Someone falls victim to identity fraud every two seconds.1
Top fraud schemes
Fraud can come in many forms. However, fraudsters have several go‑to favorites, including these three:
- Malware scams
- Card‑cracking scams
- Phone scams
Take a look at the details below. By knowing how these schemes work, you’re in a better position to protect yourself in case a criminal tries to commit fraud against you.
Committed to Data Security
Banking online is the norm these days. And for that reason, we need to be overly vigilant when it comes to your personal information and providing the best protection possible. Our online banking security tools and processes include:
Committed to Privacy
Fifth Third Bank respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it with our privacy policies. Our commitment also includes:
- Notifying impacted customers of a data breach, where personally identifiable information (PII) was exposed, in a timely manner.
- Obtaining user data through lawful and transparent means, with consent where required, and using it only for the stated purpose. Refer to the above policy documents for details.
- Clearly identifying the information we collect, use, share and retain. Refer to the above policy documents for details.
- Requiring third parties with whom we share data to comply with Fifth Third's policies.