We're here to help
An industry with an annual spending of over $3 trillion presents significant opportunities. That’s why we’ve made several key investments in payments innovations—resulting in the development of a holistic retail payment products suite and operational capabilities—to uniquely service the retail businesses and support long-term growth.
Our capabilities serve both large retail customers and middle market segments and include:
- Dedicated credit resources
- Treasury management solutions tailored to the retail industry
- A full suite of Capital Markets and commercial banking solutions
Fifth Third’s Retail Finance Group, focused on the retail industry, provides integrated corporate and investment banking solutions to assist retailers in reaching their operational and strategic financing objectives.
We participate in a wide variety of financing transactions across the credit spectrum, from investment grade revolvers to asset-based credit facilities. Our dedicated team of Treasury Management professionals is focused on driving operational efficiencies and improved access to the information you need.
For all retail finance needs, contact Kevin Combs at 404-279-4584.
Retail finance supports all retailers and cover segments including:
- Accessories/luxury items
- Auto parts
- Big box
- Convenience (c-stores)
- Department stores
- Dollar stores
- Discount stores
- Drug stores
- Fitness clubs
- Grocery stores
- Hardware/home improvement
- Home goods
- Office supply
- Sporting goods
Restaurant and Beverage Finance
With more than $3.5 billion in loan commitments across the restaurant and beverage sectors, Fifth Third Bank is a national lender that focuses on building long term relationships with national & regional restaurant and beverage companies.
Our industry specialists understand your business challenges and provide experience in the areas of credit, debt capital markets, investment banking, treasury management, and currency processing solutions to help you achieve your operational and strategic financing objectives.
For all restaurant and beverage finance needs, contact Kevin Combs at 404-279-4584.
Some segments we serve include:
- Chain-restaurant brands
- Multi-unit franchisees
- Coffee & Specialty
- Purchasing Co-ops
- Beer/Wine/Spirit distributors
- Brewers and Distillers
- Soft drink companies
- Specialty and alternative beverage companies
Our solutions include:
- Term Loans
- Development Lines of Credit
- Debt Capital Markets
- Interest Rate Risk Management
- Currency and payment processing
- Treasury Management
- Commercial Credit Card Options
- Wealth Management & Trust Services
Food and Agribusiness Finance
With more than 100 years of Food and Agribusiness banking experience, Fifth Third Bank is well-positioned to serve your financial needs. Some sectors we serve include:
- Agronomy input dealers and distributors
- Food distributors
- Protein processors
- Value-added food manufacturers
- Vertically integrated fruit and vegetable producers and processors
For all food and agribusiness finance needs, contact Michael Laurie at 312-517-3291.
Private Equity Finance
Our Financial Sponsors Group is a team of dedicated professionals with extensive leveraged finance and investment banking experience. We deliver strategic financing and advisory solutions to our private equity clients that specialize in the Consumer, Food/Beverage, Restaurants and Retail industries.
For private equity oriented solutions and related needs, contact Eric Welsch at 216-274-5793.
- Consumer and Personal Care Products
- Food and Agribusiness
- Restaurant, Beverage and Franchising
- Retail and Consumer Services
Our capabilities include:
- Strategic financing, M&A ideas, and transaction execution
- Origination, structuring and leadership of customized acquisition, buyout and recap financings
- Fully-underwritten financing packages via our capital markets distribution platform
- Credit commitments that anchor the financing and demonstrate transaction leadership to the syndicate
- A full suite of capital markets and commercial banking solutions