Help keep company goals on track with the power of combined balances and improved forecasting. Simplify recordkeeping, create investment income, improve fund mobility, and make deposits and disbursements easier all with a full suite of Liquidity Management solutions. Plus, you’ll have solutions designed to help you maximize your working capital by harnessing the most advanced technology.
Turn consolidated balances into investment income
Generate interest income with excess balances with short-term interest bearing accounts. You’ll always know where your account stands with daily reporting available through Fifth Third Direct®, our secure, Internet portal.
Consider these Sweep Account options to help put your idle cash balances to work:
- Consolidated Sweep: Aggregate your investable balances from multiple accounts to get a better rate based on the higher balances. We do not commingle balances from the individual accounts and we pay interest back to the individual accounts. You can use any sweep type for a Consolidated Sweep.
- Money Market Account (MMA) Sweep: Our MMA Sweep is designed to help improve the productivity of your funds. We calculate the amount of collected funds in your commercial account after we post all credits and debits, and automatically sweep surplus cash above the peg balance into the MMA Sweep.
- Interest Sweep:An Interest Sweep transfers your excess funds from an Analysis Checking account into an interest-bearing checking account. You can use the Interest Sweep if you want an investment vehicle that acts like an interest-bearing account, but want to maintain a balance to cover service fees in your primary operating account.
- Credit Sweep: Sweep funds in excess of the peg balance out of a checking account to offset a loan amount. The Credit Sweep can be set to pay down only or advance balances only. Credit Sweeps can help you reduce interest expenses and cover outstanding debt.
- Fed Funds Sweep: Available only to Financial Institution customers, the Fed Funds Sweep transfers your excess funds—over the peg balance—out of an Analysis Checking account and into a Fed Funds Sweep account.
Move funds efficiently to optimize your advantage. We understand that you want to use your account balances for more than payables and receivables, so we can help you improve your cash forecasting and move funds where they can best be leveraged.
Our specialized zero-balance account offerings can help you efficiently consolidate funds from multiple accounts into a single master account. At the end of each business day, excess balances in sub-accounts are automatically transferred to your master account. We can help efficiently manage multiple accounts and hierarchies with these account offerings:
Demand Deposit Account (DDA): With interest and non-interest-bearing options, this transaction account helps you receive deposits or disburse funds. Funds kept in a DDA can earn credits to help offset overall account service fees.
Zero Balance Account (ZBA): This automated service links multiple deposit sub-accounts to a single "master" operating account—for timely, cost-efficient deposit consolidation into a single concentration account.
Corporate One Account (COA): This account works like a ZBA, with the addition of providing clients with the ability to receive location reporting for all transactions, adjustments, and returns. This reporting is presented in BAI format. COA allows you to have a checking account at each location, and still keep funds centralized by sweeping them into a master account. You can see all debits and credits posted to each location.
These funds management options enable you to:
- Easily and automatically move funds among multiple accounts
- Obtain a detailed audit trail of all transactions to expedite account reconciliation
- Help mitigate idle balances
- Use earnings credit to offset transaction fees
- Control daily treasury needs
- Access accurate daily cash position information
Find out more about our Demand Deposit Account and Account Services. Contact a Treasury Management Officer or a Relationship Manager.
Gain control over separate accounts by simplifying management and recordkeeping through automated solutions.
With our automated solutions, you can collect, hold, and track escrow balances—while at the same time keeping accounts segregated. You will have a master account, in addition to sub-accounts for each of your customers. This solution provides the reporting for you, including automatic form 1099 reporting to all sub-account holders, and monthly statements showing activity on all levels.
Let Our Escrow Manager help you:
- Manage Escrow Manager sub-accounts via a web portal
- Make disbursements easily
- Open and close sub-accounts as needed
- Compile comprehensive reports on debits, credits, and interest
- Reduce costs associated with manual processes
- Streamline account opening and closing
With Fifth Third Bank Cash Concentration, you can count on:
- Help mitigating idle funds at outlying bank branches—thanks to consolidated balances
- Increased availability of working capital
- Improved cash flow information and control
- Additional capacity from systematically sweeping balances to a master account
The Corporate One Account©/Zero Balance Account
Centralize your deposits with The Corporate One Account©: a single concentration account where you can consolidate your deposits from any Fifth Third Bank location and complement it with BAI information reporting.
You will benefit from:
- Reduced operational costs and increased efficiencies (compared to traditional paper-based receivables processing methods)
- Enhanced self-service options for your customers to make payments
- Accelerated cash flows and improved cash forecasting through quicker availability of electronically cleared items
Here's how it works:
The end result: You are able to provide your customers with a convenient, consistent experience—customized to support your specific business needs. And improved payment channels mean faster access to your receivables.
Contact a Treasury Management Officer: