Fifth Third is Here for You – Anytime, Anywhere
As COVID-19 impacts our communities, it won't impact our commitment to serve you. You can always bank with us anytime, anywhere online or through our mobile app.1 And if you're experiencing account hardship due to coronavirus, we can help. See below for details.
The Government Stimulus
How to access benefits and how we can help
At Fifth Third, we’re proud to support the implementation of the CARES Act. The new $2 trillion government stimulus offers a range of benefits, including direct payments, student loan relief and tax relief for businesses.
With Fifth Third’s Online and Mobile Banking Features, You Can Always:
- Check your accounts for balances and the latest transaction information
- Securely deposit checks2 with your mobile device
- Manage your account profile to ensure your contact information is up to date
- Send and receive money to virtually anyone with a valid U.S. phone number or email address with Zelle®3
- Pay bills, including your Fifth Third credit cards, loans, mortgages and other bills
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Send a message to customer service, or request hardship assistance
Important Branch Updates
Customers needing to conduct simple financial transactions are requested to use drive-thru services, digital solutions including online and mobile banking. To protect our branch customers and employees, branches are open to serve customers by appointment only. You may schedule an appointment with your local branch.
You can also use our branch and ATM locator for any updates to banking center hours of operation or to view our network of approximately 53,000 fee-free ATMs.4 Bank Mart® locations inside retailers will continue to be open, with limited hours of 10 a.m.—4 p.m. Monday—Saturday, unless limited by the retailer’s hours of operation.
COVID-19 Hardship and Loan Payment Assistance
Special policies are in place to help address COVID-19-related hardship related to auto loans, credit card balances and loans secured by real estate. You will need to contact us to participate in these relief efforts.
Request Hardship Assistance
Call our dedicated line or send us a message through online banking.
Please contact Fifth Third if you are experiencing financial hardship regarding a Fifth Third mortgage, home equity line or loan, auto loan, or credit card, now or in the future. Representatives are available at 866-601-6391 from 8 a.m.—5 p.m. ET, Monday—Friday. Due to high demand, call wait times may be longer than normal.
You can also request hardship assistance by logging into online banking and sending a secure communication through the Messages center with “COVID-19” in the subject line. We’ll respond to you at the primary email address associated with your account. Please allow 3 to 7 days for a response to your request. Fifth Third thanks you for your patience as we navigate this situation together.
- Consumer Credit Card Payment Waiver: We are offering to waive the monthly payment requirement on Consumer Credit Cards for up to 90 days with no late fees.5
- Consumer Fee Waiver Program: Fee waivers for up to 90 days for a range of consumer products and services.
- Business Banking Fee Waiver Program: We will refund select fees for 90 days for Business Banking deposit accounts and services. Please contact 877-534-2264 or your banker for details.
- Business Banking Payment Deferral Program: We are offering a payment deferral program for up to 90 days, no late fees and a range of loan modification options.
- Foreclosures: Suspension of all foreclosure activity on homes for the next 60 days.
- Mortgage and Home Equity Program: Up to 180-day payment forbearance with no late fees.5 Mortgage customers in need of assistance have three options at the end of the forbearance period:
- Make a lump sum payment after the forbearance period expires.
- Agree to a repayment plan with our hardship team.
- Be evaluated for loan modification workout options to move missed payments to the back of loan, extending the loan term.
- Vehicle Repossessions: Suspension of all repossession activity on vehicles for the next 60 days.
- Vehicle and Personal Loan/Line of Credit Deferral Program: Payment deferred for up to 90 days and no late fees during the deferral period.5
Keep Your Account Secure
Please be on guard and know that fraudsters see times like these as opportunities to take advantage of you. Stay safe with these account security tips and features.
- If someone calls or texts you and asks for a password or passcode, don't share it. Some scammers may try to gain your trust by spoofing Fifth Third's caller ID and ask for a one-time passcode. We would never contact you via phone, email or text to request a one-time password. If you suspect you have been contacted by someone attempting to gain unlawful access to your account, please send a screenshot, or additional details, including the phone number or email address that was used to contact you to firstname.lastname@example.org for our security team to review.
- Sign up for free account alerts. Get email or text notifications for specific account activity. To enroll in account alerts, log on to online or mobile banking and select Alerts from the menu.
- Inspect URLs carefully (without clicking on the link) to make sure they’re legitimate and not imposter sites.
- Don’t click on links or attachments from senders you do not recognize. This applies not only to email, but also to text messages.
- Keep your computer “healthy” by applying patches and updates as soon as notified one is needed. Don’t push off these updates until later.
- Watch for email senders using suspicious or misleading domain names.
- If you suspect fraudulent or suspicious activity with your account, call us at 800‑972‑3030.
Consumer and Business Customer Service
Please note, if you call us, you may experience a longer wait time than normal, as we help those impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
During these challenging times, your health, safety and security are our top priority. That's why in addition to following guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), we have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures at our branches and offices.
We appreciate your understanding. These times may be unprecedented, but our commitment to serving our customers’ banking needs remains the same as it has been since 1858.
As always, thank you for choosing Fifth Third.
As always, thank you for choosing Fifth Third.