Decision-makers in state and local governments and in local school districts benefit from our experience in providing specialized financial services.
Whether your government entity is seeking to improve day-to-day funds management and operations, or even handle emergency situations, Fifth Third's government banking services will help you meet your objectives.
Electronic Cash Letter
Our advanced image-based technology allows you to capture checks using your internal check processing systems, collect the images of these items into an industry standard image cash letter, and transmit them for deposit. By taking control of cash letter quality with electronic check processing you can:
- Streamline deposit preparation
- Expedite funds availability
- Experience fewer rejects and adjustments
- Reduce the costs, time, and risks involved with transporting paper checks to the bank
Wholesale Lockbox Network
Our experienced team will work with you to develop a customized Wholesale Lockbox Network that can streamline customer payments and help turn them into working capital faster. How it works:
- You direct payments to a unique Wholesale Lockbox address for Fifth Third Bank.
- Your mail is continuously retrieved and processed in an expedited manner.
- We process payments according to your specific instructions.
- The critical receivables information that you need most is captured and transmitted daily with a detailed audit trail.
- The images of checks, remittances, and correspondence can be retrieved quickly and conveniently through our online portal, Fifth Third Direct.
Reduce expenses, accelerate cash flow, and provide your customers with a convenient, consistent payment experience with Biller Direct. Here’s how it works:
- Our team will create a custom-branded website or an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system per your specifications
- Your customers simply access the website or IVR system and authorize their payment—24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- We process the payment electronically and credit your account for faster funds availability
Currency Processing Solutions
Currency Processing Solutions (CPS) is a holistic approach to improving your cash management processes, from point of sale to account reconciliation and reporting. CPS benefits include:
- Working capital: We'll help you identify opportunities to make your cash management processes more efficient
- Safety and security: With CPS, on-site cash can be securely placed in the CPS unit at your locations
- Operational efficiencies: CPS can help improve your overall retail efficiency, deliver an improved customer experience, and ultimately, increased profitability
- Provisional credit: CPS gives you the ability to receive provisional credit on cash receipts
- Reduced costs: Fifth Third Bank's CPS team will work with you to develop solutions that can help reduce costs throughout your entire enterprise
Merchant Services Solutions
In your business, every transaction is the most important transaction. We know that, and we'll partner with you to develop payment processing solutions that provide the security, customization, and flexibility necessary to help your business grow. They include:
- Credit and debit card processing: Start or expand your card processing capabilities with our range of services and technologically advanced in-house systems
- Gift cards: Capitalize on the growing multi-billion dollar gift card industry with a simple implementation and no setup costs
- POS check processing: Reduce your cost and risk of paper check acceptance
One bank for your needs
We support a variety of services for businesses looking to improve multiple aspects of their finances through the convenience of one bank that you can value and trust.
Explore all that Fifth Third Commercial Banking has to offer.Learn More