Special banking benefits for military families
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) is a federal law that provides a range of relief to active duty servicemembers. The law’s purpose is to provide certain loan relief to members of the armed forces so they can focus their full attention on their military responsibilities without adverse consequences for them or their families.
Thank you for your service and for allowing Fifth Third Bank to serve you.
- 6% Interest Rate Cap - If you obtained your Fifth Third mortgage, loan, line of credit, or credit card prior to being called to active duty, SCRA allows a 6% interest rate cap.
- Foreclosure/Repossession Protection - If you are having difficulty paying your loan, SCRA may protect you from foreclosure or repossession.
- Fee protection - If you obtained your Fifth Third mortgage, loan, line of credit, or credit card prior to being called to active duty, the Bank will waive all fees while you are on active military service.
Who’s Eligible for SCRA Benefits?
Active duty members of the military, who received their loan or credit prior to active service, may be eligible for SCRA Benefits.
- Active duty in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard, including reservists serving on active duty.
- National Guard service for 30 consecutive days or more under federal orders.
- Commissioned officers of the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration and Public Health Service on active service.
Apply for SCRA Benefits
If you have any questions regarding SCRA benefits or to apply, call 877-899-0815 Option 3 (International: 513-358-4803 Option 3) to speak directly with an SCRA Specialist Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. ET or send us a message at any time using our online Message Center. You may also send your request for benefit review in writing, with a copy of your orders, by faxing your documents to 616-653-2429, or mailing them to:
Fifth Third Bank - SCRA Specialist
1830 East Paris
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
If you are a current or former member of the U.S. Military, you and your family deserve something extra in recognition of your service to our country. That's why we offer unique banking privileges and benefits to all military families including active duty, retired, reserve/guard and veterans.