Secure, 24/7 access to your money with secure online and mobile banking.
From working remotely to visiting the doctor and shopping for groceries, we’re doing more tasks than ever online these days. Banking is no exception. Making use of online banking is a great way to easily manage your finances and save time in the process.
It’s also the preferred banking method for a growing number of people. A recent survey by GoBankingRates found that more than half of Americans prefer banking via their mobile app, while 31% say that online banking via a web browser is their top method for handling financial tasks.
What is Online Banking?
Online banking is the process of handling money-related tasks digitally using your computer, phone, tablet, or other connected device. You can access online banking through 53.com or the Fifth Third mobile app from anywhere that you have an internet connection.
Can I Open a Checking Account Online?
Yes, it’s easy to open a checking account online. You can open a Fifth Third Momentum® checking account if you have your Social Security number, driver’s license or state ID, and a smartphone with a camera. If you want to add money to your account, you’ll also need to have your debit card or existing bank account information to enable the transfer.
Is Online and Mobile Banking Secure?
Yes. Banks use complex encryption programs to make sure that any information you share online remains shielded from any online fraudsters. The Fifth Third mobile banking app also uses facial recognition technology to verify your identity. You can help protect yourself and your account further by taking the following steps:
- Do not engage in online banking while connected to public Wi-Fi
- Regularly update your phone and computer software
- Always check to make sure there's an “https://” at the beginning of your bank website's URL before you try to log in, ensuring that you are protected by Secure Socket Layer encryption
- Use strong passwords
- Use a different password for every account
What Can I Access with Online and Mobile Banking?
You can access almost any transaction with online banking that you’ve previously done in person. That includes:
- Paying bills
- Transferring funds
- Checking your balance
- Deposit checks with a tap
- Manage statement preferences
- Open a Fifth Third Momentum® checking account
- Set up and receive account alerts
- Manage your credit cards
If you need to withdraw or deposit cash, however, you’ll typically still need to visit a physical branch or ATM.
What are the Benefits of Online and Mobile Banking?
There are several advantages of banking online:
- Time savings. When you bank online, you do not have to make a trip to the bank or an ATM every time you need to check your balance or deposit a check. Another plus is you don’t have to wait in line when you get there.
- Flexibility. Since you can log into your bank account at any time 24/7, you don’t have to worry about taking care of business during bank hours.
- Convenience. With online banking, you can take care of your banking tasks at any time from anywhere that you have an Internet connection.
Try Fifth Third’s Momentum Banking—Banking Made Simple.
For those who want to strengthen money habits now to reach long-term financial wellness.
- NO monthly service fee
- NO minimum balance requirements1
- NO fees at over 50,000 partner ATMs nationwide2
- Extra Time® to help avoid overdraft fees3
- Access to money when you need it