Take control of your credit.
Use your Secured Credit Card responsibly to help build, or rebuild, your credit history. If you are new to credit cards or are trying to take the right steps for credit building or rebuilding, this is the place to start.
Secured Credit Card Benefits:
- Build your credit history—important account information is shared with the three major credit bureaus
- Feel safe about building credit without being tempted beyond your means. Start by placing a $300 refundable deposit into a new Fifth Third Relationship Savings Account to secure your card. 1 This deposit will fund your account and your credit limit will be tied to it.
- Get the same conveniences and purchase protection3 offered by a traditional credit card
- Achieve more with responsible card usage you can be considered for future credit line increases or be eligible for an upgrade to an unsecured credit card
- 25.99% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) on Purchases and Balance Transfers.2
- $24 Annual Fee2
Why is good credit important?
Credit, when used responsibly, can be a real difference-maker. It can help enhance your credit report, make you eligible for higher credit lines and improve your chances of acquiring future loans. With responsible use, you can be considered for future credit line increases or an upgrade to an unsecured credit card.
Responsible credit use includes activities like paying your bill on time, paying the minimum amount due (or more, if possible), and not exceeding your credit limit. For more credit building tips CLICK HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions about Secured Credit Cards
Get extra protection for your cell phone
Receive supplemental coverage for damage or theft of your covered cell phone when you pay your monthly wireless bill with your Secured Credit Card.4
- Zero Liability® 5: Get protection from unauthorized purchases on your account.
- Extended Warranty 3: Get double the original manufacturer warranty for up to 12 months when you pay on your card.
- Mastercard ID Theft ProtectionTM 3: If someone steals your identity, you’ll get resolution service assistance to help restore you to the good standing that you had prior to the violation.
Enhance Your Travel Plans
- Mastercard Airport Concierge™3: With a Secured Mastercard, get your own concierge to help you fly through airports faster & easier. Visit mastercard.com/airportconcierge for more details.
- Mastercard Global Service™3: Get emergency customer service anywhere, anytime. To contact a Mastercard representative in the United States call 1-800-307-7309.