Netting gains for hockey and the community
Since they played their first game in 1926, the Chicago Blackhawks have been an integral part of the Chicago community. While a lot has changed since then, the love of hockey, and the Blackhawks, remains as strong as ever in Chicagoland.
At Fifth Third, we’re proud to back the Blackhawks and their fans, on the ice and in the community. From our sponsorship presence at the United Center to our everyday support through Fifth Third Arena, we believe in one goal: Bringing the Chicago community together.
Fifth Third Arena:
A cool place to gather
Fifth Third Arena is not only the practice facility for the Blackhawks, it is also a home to hockey for all ages and skill levels, offering beginner hockey classes, youth-through-adult hockey leagues, elite-level tournaments and public skate.
As a key community space, the building also includes several classrooms where the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation hosts programs for Chicago Public School students on the importance of health and wellness, nutrition, physical fitness and STEM education.
Additionally, Fifth Third Arena (formerly MB Ice Arena) was named one of the Best New Event Spaces by Crain’s Chicago Business in 2018. Fifth Third Arena is committed to providing a personal touch and unique, customized experiences as an out-of-the-box special event venue. The facility houses many rental space options, including the ice rinks, executive suite, activity rooms, rooftop deck and more.
Check back for new Fifth Third better® perks!
- Two NHL-size 200-by-85 ice rinks
- 22 team and public locker rooms
- Two multi-purpose rooms and a media room
- Skate rental available for public skate and programming
- Full-service fitness center for group, team and personal training
- Food and beverage options, including a full-service bar, concession stand, coffee and juice bar, and healthy vending options
- Additional space for public functions like the Great Hall and rooftop deck
Learn more about the Blackhawks and Fifth Third Arena.