Diversity Means Better Business
At Fifth Third, we understand that a diverse supply chain represents better business. It's about offering excellent financial solutions and driving innovation for the benefit of our customers, shareholders, employees and communities. Our supplier diversity program was developed to encourage certified minority-, women-, veteran-, persons with disabilities-, and LGBT+ -owned small businesses to compete in contracting opportunities.
Our One Bank approach promotes collaboration between our internal departments to provide access to financing for undercapitalized businesses and to invest in building supplier management capabilities. Together, these departments provide education, training and development for diverse-owned businesses, along with other small businesses, to build a more robust and competitive supply chain.
In support of economic inclusion, we strive to:
- Improve methods for preparing diverse suppliers for global competitiveness through assistance in all aspects of capacity building.
- Increase our number of diverse suppliers.
- Increase spend with diverse suppliers.
- Increase diverse supplier penetration in challenging spend categories.
We are proud of the partnerships we have established with some of the nation’s best suppliers, including RCF Group, Best Upon Request, Triversity Construction, World Wide Technology, LeaderPromos, SHI International, Marand Builders, and Moody Nolan.
If you are a diverse supplier, please register here.
Partnerships Strengthen Our Diversity Objectives
Our actions, not just our words, continue to prioritize our commitment to equality, equity and inclusion, so that we can inspire positive change for our suppliers, customers, employees and across our communities. Join Fifth Third in doubling down on efforts and challenging the status quo by: Reporting your spend with certified diverse-owned businesses (Tier 2), including minority, women, military veterans, people with disabilities, LGBT+ owners directly servicing the Fifth Third contract as well as your diverse spend with other third-party suppliers.
To submit Tier 2 diverse spend: click here
We are proud to be affiliated with strong diverse organizations.
- National Minority Supplier Development Council as a National Corporate Member and Fifth Third’s serves as a Board Member and member of the Executive Finance Committee.
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council as a National Corporate Member and Fifth Third’s Chief Inclusion & Diversity Officer serves on the Corporate Membership and Retention Committee.
- Financial Services Roundtable for Supplier Diversity as a Corporate Member and Fifth Third’s Director of Supplier Diversity serves as the Supplier Development Committee Co-chair.