Diversity in the Marketplace
At Fifth Third, we understand that a diverse supply chain represents better business. It's about offering excellent financial solutions and driving innovation for the benefit of our customers, shareholders, employees and communities. Our supplier diversity program was developed to encourage certified minority-, women-, veteran-, persons with disabilities-, and LGBT+ -owned small businesses to compete in contracting opportunities.
We engage in a One Bank approach where collaboration happens with several internal departments to provide access to financing for undercapitalized businesses and to invest in building supplier management capabilities. Together, these departments provide education, training and development for black-owned, other minority-owned, veteran-owned and woman-owned businesses, along with other small businesses, in order to build a more robust and competitive supply chain.
In support of economic inclusion, we strive to:
- Increase spend with diverse suppliers.
- Increase our number of diverse suppliers, and
- Increase diverse supplier penetration in challenging spend categories.
We are proud of the partnerships we have established with some of the nation’s best suppliers, including RCF Group, Best Upon Request, Triversity, World Wide Technology, Ariel Investments, and Megen Construction. If you are a diverse supplier, please click here to register.
Partnerships that Further Support Our Diversity Objectives
We are proud to be affiliated with strong diverse organizations.
- National Minority Supplier Development Council Corporate Member and Head of Business Banking serves as Board Member and Executive Finance Committee
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council Corporate Member and Director of Supplier Diversity serves on the Corporate Membership and Retention Committee
- Financial Services Roundtable for Supplier Diversity Corporate Member and Director of Supplier Diversity serves on the Supplier Development Committee