Export Letters of Credit
Contact a Global Trade Solutions Sales Representative.
You’re in business to sell goods, not to take risks and provide financing
At Fifth Third Bank, we understand the uncertainties in dealing with foreign markets. Our services for export letters of credit can minimize the risk of nonpayment when selling overseas and, in many cases, can accept receivables covered by export letters of credit as collateral in support of export working capital lines.
We’re your partner and will act on your behalf.
When it comes to letters of credit issued by foreign banks, Fifth Third Bank can act as the advising, confirming, negotiating, and discounting bank. Our experienced team will work with you to:
- Obtain optimal terms and wording of letters of credit prior to issuance
- Resolve challenges that emerge during the course of export transactions
- Protect against order cancellation
- Mitigate foreign buyer, bank, and country risk when Fifth Third Bank confirms the letter of credit
- Expedite cash flow by using our discount programs
Centralizing your activities is key
Centralizing your export letters of credit activities with Fifth Third Bank helps you improve the collection of proceeds, and can provide additional benefits, such as:
- Customized fees and services
- Centralized information through Fifth Third Global Trade DirectSM, our secure online portal
- Greater consistency in document examination
- Enhanced customer-focused communication and service