Account Setup for Quicken 2008-2010 Direct Connect
- Open Quicken on your PC.
- Select Cash Flow from the menu bar. Click Cash Flow Accounts, then Add Account.
- A dialog box will appear. In the field labeled "This account is held at the following institution:" enter Fifth Third Bank, and click Next.
- If the Select Bank Location dialog displays, then choose your location from the list, and click OK.
- With Yes selected to connect to Fifth Third Bank through Quicken, click Next.
- Enter your customer ID and password. Enter your password again to confirm it. Click Next.
- All downloadable Quicken accounts display. You can customize the Quicken Account Name for each account by typing directly in the field. Click Next.
- Click Done to confirm that the accounts in the list are the ones that you wish to set up.
- If the Rename Your Payees window displays after the download, then do one of the following:
- To accept the default name change of one or more payees, check the box next to each payee.
- To enter a different payee name, check the appropriate payee name, click Edit, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To leave a payee name unchanged, do not check it.
- To apply the payee name changes, click Apply Settings. Or, to exit this window with out making changes, click Cancel.
- Review your One Step Update Summary page. Click Close.
Updating Account Information in Quicken 2008-2010
- To open the Online Center, select Online from the menu bar, then select Online Center. To update all of your accounts at once, select Online from the menu bar, then One Step Update. Enter your password in the One Step Update Settings dialog, and click Update Now.
- When the update completes, Quicken displays your transactions at Fifth Third Bank. To open your account register, click the appropriate account under the Cash Flow Center located at the left of the Quicken application.
- Select Online from the menu bar.
- Click the Payments tab. This is where you will create and schedule payments.
- Select your Processing Date by clicking the calendar icon and choosing the date on the calendar or keying the date manually into the field. This is the date Fifth Third will send your payment. The Delivery Date field should be left blank.
- Next, select a payee from the drop-down list. Payees are imported from Fifth Third Internet Banking and Bill Payment into Quicken when you set up bill payment. Note that payee nicknames are not updated between systems. If you are paying a new payee, key in the payee name, and Quicken will prompt you to enter the required information.
- Enter the dollar amount. A calculator is provided for your convenience.
- Quicken allows you to categorize your payments to track your spending. Select the appropriate category for your payment. The split button allows you to itemize portions of the payment into separate categories.
- The memo field is optional; it corresponds to the memo line on a check.
- Press the Enter key. Your payment is now ready to be sent through Internet Banking and Bill Payment. It will show in your list of pending payments as Not Sent.
- Repeat steps 1-8 for any additional payments you would like to schedule. Click Update/Send at the top right of the screen. Your payment will now synchronize with Fifth Third Internet Banking and Bill Payment. Fifth Third will send your payment on the scheduled day or the next business day.
After you create your online payee, you return to the Payments tab of the Online Center. Your newly created payee displays automatically (or type in the Payee field to select a different existing payee). You now are ready to complete an online payment.
- Fill in the remaining fields for the payment that you wish to make (payment amount, processing or delivery date, category, and memo). Click Enter.
- Click Update/Send.
- Quicken displays the One Step Update Settings dialog. Checkmarks indicate payments to be sent. If you do not want to send a particular payment, then click the payment to remove the checkmark. Enter your password, and click Update Now. You connect to the Internet, and Quicken sends your payment instructions.
Note: Fifth Third Bank supports processing dates, which means that funds are withdrawn from your account on the date that your payment is processed. It may take a couple of extra days for your payee to receive this payment, so you should build these days into your payment date.
For More Information, visit the Quicken web site.