Export Letters of Credit
Fifth Third Bank understands that companies are in business to sell goods and services, not to take credit and other risks—especially with the uncertainties that dealing in foreign markets presents. Export letters of credit can minimize the risk of nonpayment when selling overseas and, in many cases, can serve as collateral in support of export working capital lines.
You can also improve and centralize the collection of your proceeds from export sales with Fifth Third Bank’s Export Letters of Credit (LC) services. When it comes to Letters of Credit issued by a foreign bank, Fifth Third Bank can act as the advising, confirming, negotiating, and discounting bank.
Our experienced team will work with your company to help:
- Obtain optimal terms and wording of the LC prior to issuance.
- Resolve challenges that emerge during the course of export transactions.
- Protect against order cancellation.
- Mitigate foreign buyer, bank, and country risk when Fifth Third Bank confirms the LC.
- Expedite cash flow by using our discount programs.
Centralizing your export letter of credit activities with Fifth Third Bank can provide additional benefits, such as:
- The potential for more favorable fees based on volume
- One stop for information via Fifth Third Global Trade DirectSM, our online portal
- Greater consistency for document examination
- Enhanced customer-focused communication and service
Find out more about Fifth Third Bank International Export Letters of Credit. Contact a Global Trade Services Sales Representative.
Loans subject to credit review and approval.
Deposit and credit products offered by Fifth Third Bank. Member FDIC