Fifth Third will never solicit this information via email.
Important Never provide the following information via an unsolicited email, a link in an email or a website that you have not intentionally accessed:
- User IDs
- Social Security Number
- Card or Account Numbers
- Credit Card Security Code (CCV)
- April 2014 Security Alert – Heartbleed Vulnerability
- December 2013 Security Alert – Large National Retailer Payment Card Compromise
- November 2013 Potential Scam Alert – Philippines Typhoon
- April 2013 Potential Scam Alert
- March 2013 Tax Time Scam Alert
- January 2013 Cyber Attack Alert
- August 2012 Summer Olympic Games Scam Alert
- June 2012 LinkedIn Password Compromise Security Alert
- May 2012 Hotel Malware Scam Alert
- March 2012 IRS Email Scam Alert
- January 2012 Phishing Alert
- December 2011 SMiShing/Vishing Alert
- September 2011 10th Anniversary of 9/11 Potential Scam Alert
- May 2011 Osama bin Laden Scam Alert
- April 2011 SMiShing Alert
- March 2011 IRS Email Scam Alert
- February 2011 Phishing, Vishing, and SMiShing Alert
- December 2010 Phishing Alert
- November 2010 Consumer and Small Business Fraud Alerts
- July 2010 Zeus Trojan Virus Fraud Alerts
- May 2010 Account Aggregator Fraud Alerts
- January 2010 Email Fraud Alerts
- January 2010 Malware Fraud Alerts
- July 2009 Malware Fraud Alerts
- January 2009 Email Fraud Alerts
- June 2008 Email Fraud Alerts
- May 2008 Email Fraud Alerts
If you need assistance or discover any suspicious online sites, emails or other fraudulent activity on your account, please contact a Fifth Third Customer Service Professional at 1-800-676-5869. They are available to serve you Monday through Friday 8 AM–9 PM and Saturday through Sunday 8 AM–5 PM ET.
You may also contact us securely via our website 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To report a suspicious email which used Fifth Third's name and asked for personal or account information, please let us know by forwarding the email to email@example.com.
- Please do not change the subject line.
- After forwarding, please delete the email from your inbox.
Your trust in Fifth Third is our most important asset—we want to help you guard against disclosure of your personal information that could lead to unauthorized use of your account or identity theft.
Important Fifth Third does not contact customers via email, phone or mail to request or verify security information about passwords or personal identification numbers (PINs). For your protection and privacy, Fifth Third representatives will ask for certain information to verify your identity.
To further safeguard your information, we limit the availability of your information to Fifth Third employees. Employees may only access your information for legitimate business purposes and are trained to respect your privacy concerns and to safeguard your personal information. Furthermore, as technology becomes more advanced, Fifth Third is continuously modifying its physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to ensure compliance with federal and state standards and to protect your nonpublic personal information.
For additional information about account fraud and identity theft, you can visit these websites: