Benefit from a Traditional IRA
For Tax-Deferred Growth
You work hard for your money. Why not have your money work for you with a traditional IRA for your retirement.
If you have earned income, a traditional IRA may provide you with tax benefits, since your contributions may be deductible and your returns grow tax deferred until you make a qualified withdrawal.
- There is no minimum investment requirement to open a Fifth Third Securities IRA
- Deadline to open and fund for 2012: April 15, 2013
- Maximum contribution for 2012: $5,000 ($6,000 age 50 and over)
- Individuals with earned income (includes a spouse with earned income, if married and filing jointly), and who are under age 70½ by year end
- Spousal IRA for spouses under age 70½ by year end, if married, filing jointly
- Contributions may be tax deductible
- Earnings grow tax deferred
- Heirs may also benefit from tax-deferred growth and income
- Required Minimum Distributions (RMD) begin at age 70½
- Withdrawals made before age 59½ are usually subject to a 10% IRS penalty (with certain exceptions) and subject to taxes on withdrawals
To learn about opening a traditional IRA, or for a retirement analysis to make sure you are on track, contact a Fifth Third Securities Investment Professional.
Fifth Third Securities does not provide tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor before making any decisions or taking any action based on this information.
Fifth Third Securities is the trade name used by Fifth Third Securities, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank, a registered broker-dealer, and a registered investment advisor registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. Securities and investments offered through Fifth Third Securities, Inc. and insurance products:
|Are Not FDIC Insured||Offer No Bank Guarantee||May Lose Value|
|Are Not Insured by any Federal Government Agency||Are Not A Deposit|
Insurance products made available through Fifth Third Insurance Agency, Inc.
Investments, variable annuities and brokerage accounts are offered through Fifth Third Securities, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank. Fixed annuities are offered through Fifth Third Insurance Agency Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fifth Third Bank.