Discover Preferred Checking & Savings
When You Seek High Interest Accounts
To help you make the most of your money, the Fifth Third Preferred Program offers high interest accounts, including high–yield checking, high interest savings accounts, and high interest money market accounts, as well as many other exceptional benefits.
Your Preferred Checking account earns premium high-yield rates and is accompanied by many other exclusive benefits, such as:
- Waived ATM fees on all Fifth Third ATM usage, and free rebates for up to ten transactions per month at other ATM networks
- 1,000 anniversary Real Life RewardsTM points for each year you are enrolled in the Preferred Program (with a cap of 10,000 points per year)
- Complimentary Fifth Third custom checks (standard size)3,4, and 25% discount on other personal styles, as well as complimentary notary services, travelers checks and cashier's checks that make banking easy and rewarding
- Enjoy the added convenience of internet and mobile banking,5 plus online bill payment for your accounts at 53.com
Your Fifth Third World DebitTM MasterCard® offers a higher level of features, plus access to greater discounts.
- Priority savings of 20% to 50% at your favorite retailers through the MasterCard Savings PlusTM program
- 60-day price protection. If you find something priced lower than what you paid with your World Debit MasterCard within 60 days of the purchase date, you may be reimbursed for the difference
- Select card advantages and events, including special access to outstanding rewards and preferred offers, including hotel upgrades, premium offers and exclusive events
With Preferred Program high interest savings accounts, you also receive special advantage.
- Waived monthly service fee6
- Relationship interest on Fifth Third Relationship Money Market account
- A high interest savings account with tiered interest rates lets you earn higher rates for greater balances2,7
- Ability to write checks8
- Check balances and transfer funds with online banking5,8
- Combined savings and checking statements for added convenience
- Interest bonus on Fifth Third Relationship Savings accounts6
- Additional 0.25% on any non-promotional rate CD of $500 or more, with a term of six months or longer
MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
†Member FDIC. Offer available to new consumer checking customers only, excluding Private Bank, opening an account by March 31, 2014. $50 minimum deposit required to open all accounts. New account, three online bill payments and direct deposit required within 90 days of account opening to obtain bonus. Bonus will be deposited into your new account within 6 weeks of completing requirements. Monthly fees and certain restrictions may apply. Fifth Third Enhanced Checking is an interest bearing checking account and all balances earn 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) in all markets. Fifth Third Preferred Checking is an interest bearing account and all balances earn 0.24% APY in IL, IN, KY, MI, OH, WV, 0.38% APY in FL and TN, 0.40% APY in MO, 0.46% APY in NC, 0.50% APY in GA, and 0.60% APY in PA. APY accurate as of 1/2/14. Rates may change after account opening. Fees may reduce earnings. One offer per account per household. Not valid with any other offer. The Curious Bank is a registered trademark of Fifth Third Bancorp. Stand Up To Cancer is a program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- Deposit and credit products provided by Fifth Third Bank. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender
- This account earns interest. Please request a Rate Sheet for the interest rates and annual percentage yields. At the Bank's discretion, the Bank may change the interest rate and annual percentage yield at any time on your account. Your interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest on your account will be compounded continuously and credited monthly. The Bank uses the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the balance in your account each day. When your account is closed, you will forfeit any accrued interest. Fees may reduce earnings. $50 minimum deposit required to open a checking account.
- All standard-size orders of Fifth Third custom checks are free. 25% discount on other styles.
- Regular fees apply for Checks for Two and Gift Checks.
- Subject to Internet Banking Terms and Conditions. Mobile Internet data charges may apply, as well as text message charges. Please contact your mobile service provider for details.
- All owners on the savings account must also be listed as owners on the Fifth Third Preferred Checking account.
- Relationship interest. Earn a relationship interest rate when all owners of your savings account are also listed as owners of any premium checking account. Premium checking accounts include Fifth Third Established, Enhanced, Preferred, PCA and Private Bank Checking. If your checking account is closed for any reason (by you or us), or transferred to another kind of non-premium checking account, standard interest rates/APYs apply. The relationship interest is equal to a percentage of interest paid on the savings account and may change at any time without notice. $50 minimum deposit required to open a savings account.
- Important Notice. By Federal regulation, savings accounts are limited to a combined total of six of the following transactions per calendar month: checks and pre-authorized withdrawals/transfers (online and telephone transfers, bill payments, and automatic debits are examples of these). However, you may make an unlimited number of ATM or teller withdrawals, and payments form your Fifth Third savings account to your Fifth Third installment, mortgage or credit card accounts (Please see Rules and Regulations for more details.)
Exceeding the Federal Regulation: You will receive notification each month you exceed the allowable number of withdrawal and transfers mentioned above. After exceeding this number in 3 of the last 12 months, your account will be automatically transferred to a checking account. (Please see Rules and Regulations for more details.)