Fifth Third Identity Alert Premium
Fifth Third Identity Alert Premium delivers peace of mind with our most comprehensive protection for you and your family. As a member, you'll benefit from enhanced credit monitoring, expanded insurance coverage, additional protection for your child's social security number, and more.
Triple Bureau Daily Credit Monitoring*
Monthly Triple Bureau Credit Report & CreditXpert® Credit ScoresTM**
Social Security Monitoring**
Annual Access to a public records report.
Identity Verification Monitoring** with Text Alert**8,9
Credit / Debit Card Monitoring**
Up to $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance and Fraud Support
Financial Calculator Suite
Two easy ways to get started
With a Preferred or Private Bank checking account18 you'll receive a discount of $9.95 for a net cost of $5/month.
With any other Fifth Third checking account10 you'll receive a discount of $5.95 for a net cost of $9/month.
Otherwise, the cost is $14.95/month.
Upon enrollment, your monthly fee will be automatically deducted from your checking account each month, unless you call 1-800-972-3030 to cancel your membership.
Visit your local Fifth Third financial center to take advantage of the Fifth Third Checking customer discount.
To learn more about the security our Fifth Third Identity Protection products offers its members.
Fees & Disclosures
*Your credit monitoring and alerts, Identity Theft Insurance and Fraud Assistance begin automatically upon enrollment.
**Your other optional benefits will not be available or released to you unless you visit 53identityalert.com and use the member account number to create log in credentials and then access these benefits. Or you may call us at 1-800-972-3030 to request activation materials to be sent to you through the mail.
- Daily monitoring will notify you of any new inquiries, certain derogatory information, accounts, public records or change of address that have been added to your credit reports as reported by one of the major credit reporting agencies. If no information has been added or changed, then you will receive a quarterly notification stating that no information has changed within your credit file.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert, Financial Services Association, or their service providers as applicable, and their credit information subcontractors shall not have any liability for the accuracy of the information contained in your credit reports, credit scores, or monitoring reports which you receive in connection with the Fifth Third Identity Alert service, including liability for damages, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental.
- Your CreditXpert® Scores™ are provided by CreditXpert Inc. Although these scores are not used by lenders to evaluate your credit, they are intended to reflect common credit scoring practices and are designed to help you understand your credit. Your scores are based on information from the files at the three major credit reporting agencies. Your scores may not be identical or similar to scores you receive directly from those agencies or from other sources.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert monitors up to ten registered credit/debit cards and your Social Security number on the Internet, based on extensive research of Internet chat rooms; however, it is impossible to ensure that all Internet chat rooms have been searched for your personal information. Accordingly, your monitoring alert reports may not contain or apprise you of all your personal information that is publicly available or that may have been compromised.
- Daily monitoring will notify you of any new inquiries, certain derogatory information, accounts, public records, or change of address that have been added to your credit reports as reported by any of the three major credit reporting agencies. If no information has been added or changed, then you will receive a quarterly notification stating that no information has changed within your credit file.
- Fifth Third Identity Alert monitors the Social Security number for up to ten of your children who are under the age of 18 in credit headers and pre-credit data sources; however, it is impossible to ensure that all pre-credit data sources have been searched. Accordingly, your child monitoring alert notifications may not contain or apprise you of all instances in which your child's Social Security number may have been compromised. Once your child turns 18, he/she will be removed from the monitoring.
- Exclusion Language: The information network is comprised of many U.S. credit issuers, including credit card issuers, retailers, and telecom companies. However, Fifth Third Identity Alert PremiumSM information network does not include all companies that require verification of your identity prior to providing you with a service or credit. As a result, it is possible that fraudulent attempts to verify your identity could be submitted using your personal information that is not detected by Fifth Third Identity Alert PremiumSM.
- Mobile Internet data charges may apply as well as text messaging charges. Contact your mobile service provider for details.
- $50 minimum deposit to open a checking account. Deposit and credit products provided by Fifth Third Bank. Member FDIC.
- Should your checking account that offers Fifth Third Identity Recovery Assistance for free be closed or changed to another account type where this is not included, your access to this benefit will be terminated. The Identity Theft Insurance benefits are provided to all members, along with all other benefits afforded as part of the program, through Financial Services Association (FSA or the "Association"). Upon enrollment in the program, you will automatically be admitted as a member of the Association. The Identity Theft Insurance is underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc., under group policy # 7077733 for non-New York State Insureds and # 1423212 for New York State Insureds. All exclusions and limitations of the master policy apply. See the Benefit Summary for details regarding such exclusions and limitations. Availability of coverage is subject to underwriting qualifications and state laws and regulations. Coverage is subject to actual policy language.
- Eligible Private Bank checking accounts include Fifth Third Private Bank PCA and Fifth Third Private Bank Checking.
- Information provided on the website is updated every quarter. If you have signed up to receive quarterly e-newsletter alerts, you will be alerted each quarter once the new material has been posted.
The federal Fair Credit Billing Act gives you the right to dispute billing errors, such as unauthorized charges, on your credit card by notifying your credit card company in writing within 60 days after the first bill containing the error was sent to you. The credit card company must resolve the dispute within two billing cycles (not to exceed 90 days) after receiving your notification. You may withhold payment on the disputed amount (and related charges) during the investigation. You must pay the amount not in dispute. You will be informed in writing whether your bill is correct or contains an error. If your bill contains an error, it will be corrected. Your liability for unauthorized charges is limited to $50 per credit card. You are not required to enroll in Fifth Third Identity Alert to maintain your credit card.
The benefits in Fifth Third Identity Alert are provided by Fifth Third's vendor, Affinion Benefits Group, LLC.