Mobile Banking Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the question to view the answer.
In order to access Fifth Third Mobile Banking, you must have a valid Internet or Mobile Banking User ID and password and have a mobile device that has a data plan. If you already have an existing Internet Banking User ID and password, simply use that to login to the mobile app. If you've never logged in to Internet Banking or mobile, you can use your card number for your User ID and your four-digit PIN for your password.
Download the Mobile Banking App or enter m.53.com into the browser on your mobile device. Then log in using your existing User ID and password.
Yes. There is a Mobile App available for iPhone® and AndroidTM. This app will also work on an iPad® or iPod Touch® and Android tablets.
To enroll your mobile device, follow the instructions below:
- Login to Internet Banking
- Go to Service Center
- Click the "Register your Phone" link
- "Mobile Text Banking" checkbox to use Text Banking or
- "Mobile Account Alerts" checkbox to enable text alerts or
- BOTH checkboxes
- Accept the disclosures.
- Enter your cell phone number and select your carrier.
- Enter the PIN number sent to your phone.
- Once your phone is registered simply select the alerts you would like to receive.
To receive Push notifications, be sure to select "Allow" when prompted within the app.
Now Balance allows you to securely access your account balance information without logging in. To activate, login to the mobile app and go to Preferences. Click on Now Balance and choose the accounts you want to see. Now you can just click on the app, swipe on the tab on the login page, and see your account balances – no password required!
It works by using the camera on your phone to capture an image of the check. The image is processed the same way as making a deposit at a branch or at an ATM. None of the check images are stored on your phone, so you can rest assured that it is secure.
Deposits made to a Consumer account will not be charged, and as of 7/24/14, Business accounts will no longer be charged a fee.
You should retain the check in a secure location for 14 days and then, after confirming the deposited funds have been applied to your account correctly, destroy the check.
- U.S. Check
- Money Order
Accounts must be in good standing and follow other conditions as outlined in the mobile deposit terms and conditions. Overdrafts and returned deposit items may affect eligibility. Basic 53 and Access 360° accounts are ineligible for Mobile Deposit.
Mobile Deposit dollar limits are based on the length of time you have had a relationship with Fifth Third. Your daily limit is displayed within the "Deposit Check" section of Mobile Banking. You will be notified if a deposit exceeds your total number of allowable deposits within a period of time.
The cutoff time is 8 PM Eastern Time. Please refer to your Account Terms & Conditions for information on deposit availability.
A successful mobile deposit will show as "Mobile Check Deposit" along with the dollar amount in your transaction history by the end of the following business day.
Yes. We are committed to protecting your identity and your accounts. Every transaction is encrypted and protected to help safeguard against unauthorized access View Fifth Third Mobile Banking Security for more information.
The web addresses of (URL) 53.com, m.53.com, 53.mobi, and 53.com/mobile are exclusive to Fifth Third Bank and are protected by the highest standards of encryption available. Make sure your web browser is turned on to show URLs.
All Fifth Third text Alerts and Text Banking messages are sent from the "shortcode" of 535353. It is recommended that you add this number to your contacts as well.
Information from your mobile banking session is not retained on your phone. If you are using the mobile web, we also recommend that you close out of your browser after each session. Additionally, Fifth Third Mobile Banking masks account numbers that are displayed on your mobile device. Text message alerts you may receive from Fifth Third on your mobile device, such as balance threshold and payment due alerts, will remain on your phone until you delete them. We also recommend that you do not store your password on your mobile device.
If you simply upgrade or change your mobile device (and keep the same mobile device number) nothing needs to be done.
If you change your phone number or you change carriers but keep the same number, you have to re-register your phone number to receive Text Alerts and to do Text Banking. To register your device, login to Internet Banking, then click on the "Service Center" tab at the top right corner. Under the "Alerts" section, click on the "Getting Started" link.
If you lose your mobile device, you will need to contact the mobile device company and Fifth Third. Your mobile device number and your mobile access will be suspended until you have your mobile device number reinstated. Then you will have to re-verify your mobile device number again by visiting the Service Center at 53.com.
If you have not received your verification code, please make sure your mobile device's phone number is entered correctly in the Service Center. If it is, please follow the steps below:
- Verify your mobile phone is turned on, has an adequate signal and is able to receive text messages.
- Check the list of Supported Phone Carriers for your mobile device in the "Getting Started" section of this FAQ.
- If you didn't receive a verification code via text message on your mobile device while registering your mobile device, use the Try Again link under the PIN code input box to re-send the text verification code.
- Confirm that you have text messaging service with your mobile carrier.
- Contact your mobile carrier and make sure your mobile device is not blocked from sending and receiving SMS messages to and from shortcodes. (i.e., Fifth Third's shortcode is , which is the number you will be sending and receiving texts to and from.)
- If you still have not received a verification code, you will need to re-register your mobile device. Select the Register Your Phone link in the Service Center, select Remove for your mobile device, and go through the verification process again.
- If you still do not receive the verification code, please call Fifth Third's Call Center at 1-800-972-3030 for assistance.
Depending upon the difficulty you are experiencing, you may want to try one of the following troubleshooting tips:
- Are you able to access other websites with your mobile device? If you are not successful, then it is likely that the signal available on your device may not be strong enough.
- Check to be sure you are properly entering appropriate upper and lower case letters and numbers when entering your User ID and password.
- Check your phone for app updates and ensure you have the latest version.
- If you are still having trouble logging in, delete the app and re-install.
If you are still unable to resolve the problem, please contact customer service at 1-800-972-3030 for additional assistance.
After you have successfully logged in using your User ID and password, you will see an overview of your accounts. Select a particular account and click on the link for posted or pending transactions for that account; pending transactions will say "Pending".
Text Banking and Internet Banking nicknames are set up in Internet Banking. Click on the "Service Center" in the top right corner of the screen. Then, look under the "Profile" section on the left. Within the "Profile" section, look under the Internet Banking header and click on "Account and Mobile Nicknames".
Tip: When selecting Text Banking nicknames, choose short nicknames that are easy to type on your mobile device, as you will be entering them regularly while using the Mobile Text Alerts service. (e.g.: CH1, CH2, CC, SAV, etc.). Keep in mind that these nicknames can be between 2 and 8 characters, no spaces or special characters can be used.
To see all of your available alerts, click on the "Service Center" tab at the top right corner of Internet Banking. Then select one of the links under the "Alerts" section of the page to choose your alerts.
You can opt out by texting STOP to 535353 from your mobile device, calling a Fifth Third Customer Service Professional at 1-800-972-3030 or by logging into Internet Banking and deleting the alerts request.