Private Bank Rewards Program Changes FAQ
Click on the question to view the answer.
The three main changes are:
- "Single Sign-On" access to Rewards. This means that you can now manage your points and redeem for rewards by signing in one time to Fifth Third Internet Banking and clicking on the Private Bank Rewards button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You will no longer need to sign in to www.unlockyournewworld.com to access your rewards.
- World Debit points are not automatically combined.
- The Private Bank Rewards website has been completely redesigned with improved navigation and ease of use; the option to combine points with cash to earn rewards faster; a real-time travel tool that allows you to book travel rewards instantly; the option to auto-paydown a Fifth Third Bank mortgage; an improved gift card selection including lower prices on most cards; and the reintroduction of merchandise rewards.
About the Rewards Program
Rewards are items you purchase with the points you earn with a rewards-earning Fifth Third account. The program offers:
- Gift Cards from your favorite stores and restaurants
- Merchandise from top makers of electronics, home entertainment, and more
- Deposits into your Fifth Third savings or checking accounts
- The ability to pay down a Fifth Third loan, including a mortgage
- Cash back
- Charitable contributions
- Travel – airline, hotel and car rentals
To redeem your points for a reward, log in to Internet Banking on www.53.com and click on the Rewards button located on the right side of your screen. Here you will be able to browse a large selection of rewards. If you do not have enough points for a reward, you can choose to pay a portion in points and the remaining in cash (on a credit or debit card). You can then go to your cart to checkout or choose to continue shopping.
When you are ready to check out, go to your cart and review your redemption. You will receive an email confirmation for your redemption as well as another email with details on delivery of your rewards.
The point value of the rewards you redeemed will be automatically deducted from your available points balance.
Step 2: Click on the Rewards button located on the right side of your screen
Step 3: Click on Point Summary tab, and then select Point History
Step 4: Simply narrow your search by product, by date, or by type of transaction.
Fifth Third Private World Elite MasterCard points do not expire. However, other rewards-earning products' points may expire.
Step 1: Log into your Fifth Third Internet Banking account
Step 2: Navigate to and select the Rewards Icon
Step 3: Click on the Point Summary tab, and then select Point Balance
You will see all of your cards that earn points, the point balance for each product, and the next points set to expire.
We have already combined all of your points on the rewards website so you can redeem even faster! The available point balance reflects all of your rewards-earning products, including joint-owned credit card and checking accounts.
At this time, points will not be combined for World Debit cards sharing a joint checking account.
Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) prides itself on financial transparency. Their mission is to fund collaborative, translational cancer research to bring treatments from the bench to the bedside faster, and save lives now.
100% of public funds go directly into research grants. A portion of the funds that are raised from major donations and third-party fundraising go towards administrative expenses and overhead. Go to http://www.standup2cancer.org/funding model view SU2C's funding model.
Log in to Internet Banking and click on the Private Bank Rewards graphic in the upper right corner of the screen.