Fifth Third Bank Announces 2014 Fifth Third Scholarship Recipients
Fifth Third Foundation Awards $62,500 in Scholarships
Cincinnati – Fifth Third Bank today announced winners of the 2014 Fifth Third Scholarship Program. Since 2005, the Fifth Third Foundation has annually awarded one-time $2,500 scholarships to children of Fifth Third employees. It has awarded more than 175 scholarships since its inception.
Chosen and administered by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation, the Fifth Third Scholarship Program recognizes the academic achievements of the following students listed with their employee parent and parent’s work location:
- Graeme J. Blakely, son of Yolanda Vanderpas Blakely, Lake Orion, Mich.
- Lauren F. Clark, daughter of Cynthia M. Clark, Nixa, Miss.
- Albert P. Cliffel, son of Albert P. Cliffel III, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Sam Eduljee, son of Mahzabeen Eduljee, Clarendon Hills, Ill.
- Olivia V. Erhardt, daughter of Mark T. Erhardt, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Kathryn M. Hyre, daughter of Jeffrey M. Hyre, Toledo, Ohio
- Taylor E. Jousma, daughter of David E. Jousma, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Nicholas P. Kelsey, son of Paul L. Kelsey, Lansing, Mich.
- Jessica L. Lambert, daughter of Carol A. Lambert, Avon Lake, Ohio
- Victoria L. Lasley, daughter of Kimberly L. Lasley, Louisville, Ky.
- Lauren E. Lawson, daughter of Jeffrey A. Lawson, Florence, Ky.
- Zachary T. Logsdon, son of Katherine J. Logsdon, Columbus, Ohio
- Ryan P. Meder, son of Charles T. Meder, Columbus, Ohio
- Kristin N. Meta, daughter of Tim Meta, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Louis V. Morris, son of Michelle Vitale, North Olmstead, Ohio
- Melissa K. Mulford, daughter of Debra A. Pavey, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Kaitlin M. O’Neill, daughter of Jamie A. O’Neill, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Amanda J. Ortiz, daughter of Robert E. Ortiz, Chicago, Ill.
- Stephanie M. Petry, daughter of Derrick A. Petry, Dayton, Ohio
- Johnathan R. Schaff, son of Tamala L. Schaff, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Paige E. Stevens, daughter of Lou Ann Stevens, Naples, Fla.
- Connor G. Weirich, son of Charles G. Weirich, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Emily A. Weigandt, daughter of Eric J. Wiegandt, Columbus, Ohio
- Derek J. Witt, son of Jennifer R. Witt, Toledo, Ohio
- Eric C. Witt, son of Tom C. Witt, Indianapolis, Ind.
Fifth Third Bancorp Vice Chairman & CEO Kevin T. Kabat said, "I extend my sincere congratulations to these students and their parents. Our scholarship program enables the Bank to support the higher education of these deserving students and to give back to their parents, who are valued members of our employee family."
"Education is a primary focus area of the Fifth Third Foundation and the Bank’s scholarship program has enabled us to contribute more than $400,000 to students and their families since the program’s inception," said Heidi Jark, vice president and managing director of the Fifth Third Foundation. "I wish this latest class of scholars the best of luck and continued success as they begin college."
The National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) is an independent not-for-profit organization. The National Merit Scholarship Program was designed to identify and honor exceptionally able high school students, and to provide a system of services for corporations, foundations and other organizations that wish to sponsor college undergraduate scholarships to students who interest them. All aspects of the selection of winners and the administration of their awards are handled by the NMSC.
The Foundation Office at Fifth Third Bank administers charitable giving for Fifth Third Bancorp. Fifth Third Bank is proud to serve as trustee, co-trustee or agent for over 70 private and corporate foundations. Additionally, the Foundation Office oversees philanthropic giving through the Fifth Third Foundation. The respective Committees review all grant requests for which Fifth Third Bank serves as trustee, co-trustee or agent. Grants for programming in education, the arts, community development, and health and human services are considered, in addition to the specific funding interests originally identified by the individual benefactors.