- Stephanie Honan 513.534.6957
Six Credit Unions Sign with Fifth Third Processing Solutions
Fifth Third Processing Solutions is pleased to announce that the following credit unions have signed contracts for electronic fund transfer services, including gateway access, debit card processing and ATM driving:
- Air Academy Federal Credit Union, based in Colorado Springs, CO, operates 12 full-service branches in El Paso and Douglas counties and 18 ATMs.
- Texas-based Amarillo Community Federal Credit Union has been serving members since 1945. The credit union has seven locations and eight ATMs.
- Colorado Springs Credit Union has three branch locations and five ATMs and has served the Colorado Springs community since 1957.
- Hereford Texas Federal Credit Union received its charter in 1936 and has two branch and ATM locations.
- Knoxville News-Sentinel Employees Credit Union has one location and ATM and serves over 800 members.
- St. Joseph, Missouri-based Postal and Community Credit Union has been serving the northwest Missouri community for over 70 years. The credit union has five locations and ATMs.
“Our superior reputation in the processing industry enables Fifth Third to partner with many quality financial institutions throughout the country,” said Angela L. Brown, senior vice president and general manager of Financial Institution Services, Fifth Third Processing Solutions. “We are proud to be the preferred ATM and debit card processor of the National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) Services Corporation and look forward to the opportunity to serve these credit union clients with our first-rate products and services.”
"We look for partners who can provide best-in-class solutions to our credit union members, and from all reports the credit unions using their solutions have been very pleased with Fifth Third Processing Solutions for EFT Services," said David Frankil, president of NAFCU Services Corporation. "They bring sustainable value through their commitment to finding efficiencies and delivering comprehensive products and services, both of which are critical to the long-term success of credit unions."
Fifth Third Processing Solutions processes over 26.7 billion ATM and POS transactions per year for more than 2,700 financial institutions and over 157,865 retail locations worldwide, including the Armed Forces Financial Network (AFFN), First Niagara Financial Group, Sovereign Bank, The Kroger Co., AutoZone, Abercrombie & Fitch and The Finish Line. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, CMC, (www.cmcOne.com) Fifth Third also provides servicing solutions and product engineering for financial institutions and retailers for credit card, debit card, merchant and private label programs. Through its multi-channel contact center, CMC provides multi-lingual customer service, collections, fraud prevention, and other back-office services to thousands of clients throughout the US and Canada. Annually, Fifth Third processes $179.1 billion in credit card sales. According to The Nilson Report (March 2008), Fifth Third Bank is the fourth largest bankcard acquirer.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $111 billion in assets, operates 18 affiliates with 1,305 full-service Banking Centers, including 96 Bank Mart® locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,329 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates five main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, Investment Advisors and Fifth Third Processing Solutions. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2007, has $223 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $33 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ(R) National Global Select Market System under the symbol "FITB."