- Debra DeCourcy, APR 513.534.4153
Fifth Third Bancorp Announces Results of Annual Meeting
Fifth Third Bancorp has announced that its shareholders have re-elected the following directors at the Bancorp’s Annual Meeting held earlier today at the Duke Energy Center in Cincinnati.
- Darryl F. Allen, retired chairman, CEO and president of Aeroquip-Vickers, Inc.
- John F. Barrett, president, CEO and director of The Western and Southern Life Insurance Company.
- Ulysses L. Bridgeman, owner and president of Manna, Inc., and ERJ Inc.
- James P. Hackett, president, CEO and director of Steelcase, Inc.
- Gary R. Heminger, executive vice president of Marathon Oil Company and president of Marathon Petroleum Company, LLC.
- Allen M. Hill, retired CEO and president of DPL, Inc.
- Kevin T. Kabat, president and CEO of Fifth Third Bancorp.
- Robert L. Koch, II, president and CEO of Koch Enterprises, Inc.
- Dr. Mitchel D. Livingston, vice president for Student Affairs and Chief Diversity Officer, University of Cincinnati.
- Hendrik G. Meijer, co-chairman and CEO of Meijer, Inc.
- James E. Rogers, chairman, president and CEO of Duke Energy Corporation.
- George A. Schaefer, Jr., chairman of Fifth Third Bancorp.
- John J. Schiff, Jr., chairman, CEO and director of Cincinnati Financial Corporation.
- Dudley S. Taft, president and director of Taft Broadcasting Company.
- Thomas W. Traylor, president, CEO and chairman of Traylor Bros., Inc.
Fifth Third shareholders also approved the following:
- A proposal to amend the Fifth Third Bancorp Articles of Incorporation to increase the number of authorized shares of common stock.
- A proposal to approve the Fifth Third Bancorp 2008 Incentive Compensation plan.
- A proposal to amend the Fifth Third Bancorp Code of Regulations.
- A proposal to approve the appointment of Deloitte and Touche LLP as independent auditors for the 2008 calendar year.
In addition, a shareholder proposal described in the Proxy Statement failed.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $111 billion in assets, operates 18 affiliates with 1,232 full-service Banking Centers, including 108 Bank Mart(R) locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,220 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri and Georgia. Fifth Third operates five main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, Investment Advisors and Fifth Third Processing Solutions. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2007, has $223 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $33 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third's common stock is traded on the NASDAQ(R) National Global Select Market under the symbol "FITB."