- Stephanie Honan 513.534.6957
Six Retailers Renew with Fifth Third Processing Solutions
Fifth Third Processing Solutions is pleased to announce that the following retailers have signed contact extensions for merchant processing services:
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc. has renewed its contract with Fifth Third for credit, debit and electronic benefits transfer (EBT) processing. Headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts, BJ's is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company currently operates 177 clubs in 16 states.
- The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. operates 279 stores, including ten furniture galleries, in 23 states in the Northeast, Midwest and upper Great Plains under the Bon-Ton, Bergner's, Boston Store, Carson Pirie Scott, Elder-Beerman, Herberger's and Younkers nameplates and, under the Parisian nameplate, three stores in the Detroit, Michigan area. The Company has renewed its contract with Fifth Third for credit card processing.
- Cedar Fair is a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio, and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Partnership owns and operates 11 amusement parks, six outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and five hotels. Cedar Fair has renewed with Fifth Third for credit card processing.
- Dean & DeLuca has renewed its contract for credit, debit and gift card processing. Founded in 1977 by Joel Dean, Giorgio DeLuca and Jack Ceglic with the opening of its flagship store in SoHo, New York, Dean & DeLuca quickly grew into a multi-channel retailer of gourmet and specialty foods, premium wines and high-end kitchenware. Dean & DeLuca specialty products are sold through its 15 retail stores and cafes in select U.S. markets (New York; Washington, D.C.; Napa Valley; Charlotte; and Kansas City), a consumer and corporate gift catalog, and an e-commerce site, deandeluca.com.
- Shoe Carnival has renewed its contract with Fifth Third for credit and debit card services. Headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, Shoe Carnival is a chain of 293 footwear stores located in the Midwest, South and Southeast. Combining value pricing with an entertaining store format, Shoe Carnival recently celebrated its 15th year as a NASDAQ publicly traded company.
- U-Haul International has signed a contract extension with Fifth Third Processing Solutions for credit and debit card services. Since 1945, U-Haul has been serving do-it-yourself movers with a network of more than 15,950 locations in all 50 United States and 10 Canadian Provinces. U-Haul also offers more than 387,000 rooms and 33.8 million square feet of storage space at more than 1,055 facilities throughout North America.
“Contract renewals such as these validate our commitment to investing in the people, technology and systems necessary to effectively support the payment processing needs of the most sophisticated organizations,” said Donald Boeding, Fifth Third Processing Solutions senior vice president and general manager of Merchant Services. “We are pleased to continue serving these merchants as a trusted business partner.”
Fifth Third Processing Solutions processes over 26.7 billion ATM and POS transactions per year for more than 2,700 financial institutions and over 157,865 retail locations worldwide, including the Armed Forces Financial Network (AFFN), First Niagara Financial Group, Sovereign Bank, The Kroger Co., AutoZone, Abercrombie & Fitch, Nordstrom, Inc. and The Finish Line. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, CMC, (www.cmcOne.com) Fifth Third also provides servicing solutions and product engineering for financial institutions and retailers for credit card, debit card, merchant and private label programs. Through its multi-channel contact center, CMC provides multi-lingual customer service, collections, fraud prevention, and other back-office services to thousands of clients throughout the US and Canada. Annually, Fifth Third processes $179.1 billion in credit card sales. According to The Nilson Report (March 2008), Fifth Third Bank is the fourth largest bankcard acquirer.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $111 billion in assets, operates 18 affiliates with 1,227 full-service Banking Centers, including 102 Bank Mart® locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,211 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri and Georgia. Fifth Third operates five main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, Investment Advisors and Fifth Third Processing Solutions. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2007, has $223 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $33 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third’s common stock is traded on the NASDAQ® National Global Select Market under the symbol “FITB.”