- Debra DeCourcy, APR 513.534.4153
Fifth Third Bancorp Announces Results of Annual Meeting
Fifth Third Bancorp announced that its shareholders re-elected the following directors at the Bancorp’s Annual Meeting held earlier today at the Duke Energy Center in Cincinnati:
- Darryl F. Allen, retired chairman, CEO and president of Aeroquip-Vickers, Inc.
- John F. Barrett, president, CEO and director of The Western and Southern Life Insurance Company.
- James P. Hackett, president, CEO and director of Steelcase, Inc.
- Gary R. Heminger, executive vice president of Marathon Oil Company and president of Marathon Petroleum Company, LLC.
- Joan R. Herschede, retired president and CEO of The Frank Herschede Company.
- Allen M. Hill, retired CEO and president of DPL, Inc.
- Robert L. Koch, II, president and CEO of Koch Enterprises, Inc.
- Dr. Mitchel D. Livingston, vice president for Student Affairs and Services, University of Cincinnati.
- Hendrick G. Meijer, co-chairman and CEO of Meijer, Inc.
- James E. Rogers, chairman, president and CEO of Duke Energy Corporation.
- George A. Schaefer, Jr., chairman of Fifth Third Bancorp.
- John J. Schiff, Jr., chairman, CEO and director of Cincinnati Financial Corporation.
- Dudley S. Taft, president and director of Taft Broadcasting Company.
- Thomas W. Traylor, president, CEO and chairman of Traylor Bros., Inc.
In addition, Kevin T. Kabat, president and CEO of Fifth Third Bancorp, was elected to his first term as a member of the board of directors.
Fifth Third shareholders also approved the amendment to the code of regulations in order to provide for the issuance of uncertified shares, and the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as independent auditors for the 2007 calendar year.
Also effective with the Annual Meeting, Kevin Kabat assumed the role of CEO of Fifth Third Bancorp as was previously announced.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $100.7 billion in assets, operates 18 affiliates with 1,162 full-service Banking Centers, including 109 Bank Mart locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,112 Jeanie ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Missouri. Fifth Third operates five main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, Investment Advisors and Fifth Third Processing Solutions. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2006, has $220 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $34 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third's common stock is traded through the NASDAQÒ National Global Select Market System under the symbol "FITB."