Job Seeker's Toolkit
The Job Seeker's Toolkit is a web-based, multi-media program that facilitates interactive learning through nine job modules. The Bank has contracted with NextJob, a nationwide reemployment solutions company, to offer the program free for Fifth Third customers who access their accounts online at www.53.com.
The offering of the Job Seeker's Toolkit was the result of Fifth Third Bank asking what it could do to help its customers land jobs in a challenging economic environment. With the success of its homeownership reemployment initiative with NextJob, the Bank knew offering the company's exclusive online job search software was an innovative solution that could help solve problems, positively impact customers, and make banking better for everyone.
Fifth Third Bank was the first to offer the job training modules for free to its customer base. Consumers interested in using the Job Seeker's Toolkit are encouraged to visit a local financial center to open an account.
The Job Seeker's Toolkit is a customized program that includes video interviews with job search experts, job seekers and hiring managers thereby providing learning examples from real-life hiring experiences. All aspects of a successful job search are included:
- Creating an effective resume, compelling cover letters and a detailed marketing plan
- Best job board aggregators and leads
- Networking and the hidden job market
- Interview training and preparation
- Assessing career direction and transferable skills
- Follow-up to support success in the new job
- Building a 30-second commercial
- Developing a personal brand
- Learning the latest techniques to use social media effectively to find and land jobs
The toolkit is accessible from within Fifth Third Bank's Internet Banking site at www.53.com. Once registered, Internet banking customers will be able to access the training for 39 weeks. After initial registration, customers can access the training from any computer at www.nextjobtraining.com. Fifth Third customers will be able to work at their own pace to develop or strengthen their job search skills.