Privacy & Security
How we protect you
From using the latest encryption technology to offering state‑of‑the‑art identity alerts, we offer multiple layers of identity and fraud protection.
Learn more about:
- The ways we protect your banking and personal information every minute of every day
- Our anti-money laundering policies to combat terrorist financing
- Website security on 53.com
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) (PDF)
- Click here to learn more
Identity theft and fraud can not only hurt your bank account, it can also rob you of your peace of mind. However, there are steps you can take to protect yourself:
- First, visit our Identity Theft Education page to understand how identity theft works.
- Stay aware of scams and breaches in the news, such as the Equifax Data Breach.
- Download our Identity Protection Checklist for tips you can start using today.
- Protect your business with our Business Account Security Checklist.
- Monitor your account with Fifth Third Identity Alert® solutions.
Current threats and trends
Don’t fall for phish bait
Has something phishy arrived in your inbox? Phishing emails are a common way fraudsters try to get unsuspecting recipients to share personal and financial information.
Avoid the bait. Learn how to spot phishing:
- Download our infographic so you know how to identify a suspicious email.
- Watch the many ways phishing works and how to protect your information.
Did you know?
Every 2 seconds there’s a new identity fraud victim.1