VA Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL)
We're here to help
A VA IRRRL loan is used to refinance a current VA loan into another loan with a lower interest rate. A VA IRRRL loan allows Veterans to take advantage of low interest rates and simplifies the loan process. You should consider refinancing if your current interest rate is at least one percent higher than current VA IRRRL rates or you wish to change from an Adjustable Rate Mortgage to a fixed-rate. Learn more about VA loan refinance requirements, benefits, and contact a Fifth Third Mortgage Specialist for current rates.
- You’re a U.S. Military Veteran and meet service time requirements.
- You're currently serving in the military or military reserves/guard.
- You may be eligible if you are a commissioned officer of the Public Health Service or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.*
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from your original VA entitlement (no need to reapply).
- You have a VA loan and are looking to use the VA IRRRL on your existing VA loan.
Visit www.benefits.va.gov for additional information on this program.
Explore other Fifth Third Bank Mortgages and Find a Branch to apply.
Mortgage Loan Calculators
Determine how much to borrow and estimated payments with these easy-to-use calculators.
Determine your maximum home price and mortgage loan amount
Calculate your monthly mortgage payment for a given purchase price, down payment, interest rate, and loan term
Find out how much you can borrow for the home of your dreams
VA IRRRL Loan FAQs
3 Reasons To Not Sell After a Market Downturn
After every market decline, investors tend to recover their losses, and markets tend to stabilize and see positive growth. The same can't be said for investors who sell into market downturns hoping to stem their losses.
How to Improve Your Credit Score and Lower Credit Card Debt
Did you know that using a personal loan can improve credit scores and pay off existing credit card debt? Here's how to improve your credit score.
Smart Ways to Save Up for a Down Payment
Saving up for a down payment on your home takes time and planning. Here are a few smart ways to set budgets and save up for your next home's down payment.
We're here to help