Money Market Account
Three ways to apply:
If you're saving for a future goal or want your money to grow more quickly, a money market account may be the right choice for you. With the Fifth Third Relationship Money Market Account, your standard savings account is elevated to a high interest savings account with the ability to grow your balance.
Our Relationship Money Market rates are tiered based on the balance in your savings account. In this personal savings account, the larger your balance, the higher your rates. Rates vary by location.
Skip the monthly service fee if one of the following is met:
- You have a Fifth Third checking account (Does not include Fifth Third Express Banking.). All owners of your savings account must also be listed together as owners on your Fifth Third checking account.
- You maintain an average monthly balance of $500 or more
- Someone under age 18 is an owner of the account
- You are enrolled in Fifth Third Military Banking
Otherwise, just $5/month.
Money Market Account Benefits:
- Enjoy high interest savings account rates that provide a higher return the more you save1
- Earn our Relationship Interest rate when you also have a Fifth Third Checking Account
- Ability to write checks
- Added convenience of combined savings and checking statements
- Conveniently access accounts through Online and Mobile Banking
Money Market Account FAQ
How to automatically increase your nest egg with a savings account.
From what to look for in a savings account to asking the right questions.
Both high yield savings accounts and CDs are low-risk savings options. Use our high yield savings account vs. CD calculator to maximize your interest earnings. Enter the amount you intend to deposit in either a savings account, short term CD, or long term CD; the predicted annual interest rate increase; and the interest rate and deposit terms for each account to see which account will earn the most as interest rates rise.