Goal—Oriented Savings AccountFifth Third Momentum® Savings
An automatic savings account that helps you achieve your financial goals without a second thought.
Keep your goals on target.
Put your savings on autopilot with Smart Savings.
You create the goal the goal in your personal savings account, and we’ll do the saving! Use Smart Savings in our mobile app to save small amounts of money automatically. Or, set up Scheduled Savings through mobile or online banking, or add funds from your free Fifth Third Momentum® Checking Account to your Fifth Third Momentum® Savings Account on a regular basis. Then, sit back as we help you reach your goals.
Skip the monthly service charge.
Looking for a no-fee savings account? If you meet one of the criteria listed below, the monthly service charge is waived:
- You have a Fifth Third checking account (not including Fifth Third Express Banking).
All owners of your savings account must also be listed together as owners on your Fifth Third checking account.
- You maintain an average monthly balance of $500 or more.
- Someone under age 18 is an owner of the account.
- You are enrolled in Fifth Third Military Banking.
Otherwise, just $5/month.
No fees for extra withdrawals or overdraft transfers, either.
Open a savings account online—it’s easy.
Opening a Fifth Third Momentum Savings Account online is easy and only takes a few minutes. Simply click on the button below to get started.
There are two easy ways to do this in the Fifth Third mobile app:
- From your Fifth Third Momentum® Savings account, tap "Apply to Goals" under "General Savings."
- You can also transfer money into and out of your goals by selecting "New Transfer" within your Fifth Third Momentum® Savings account.
Smart Savings lets you automatically save safe amounts of money throughout the week, so you can reach a weekly savings amount.
You can turn Smart Savings "on" in our mobile app and set up the details. Smart Savings automatically transfers money from one Fifth Third account to your Fifth Third Momentum® Savings account. The transfers take place twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You can set limits and restrictions on how much can be transferred per every week.
While transferred funds are automatically added into your Fifth Third Momentum® Savings account, they aren’t directly added to your goals. Your saved funds sit in the General Saving balance and can be applied to goals later on.
Smart Savings can be turned on or off. Turning off this setting stops the transfers from occurring, but all setup details are saved.
- Click on the Momentum Savings 'account card' from the dashboard.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the transactions list and select 'Smart Savings' tile.
- Here you can see the details and the on/off switch