Fifth Third ABLE checking
An option in certain state-sponsored Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) programs, this checking account allows individuals with disabilities to save for their future as well as pay for qualified disability-related expenses. Interest earned1 is tax-deferred and withdrawals are tax-free when used for qualified purchases2,3. Balances in the account are not counted toward eligibility limits under Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid or other public benefits2,4.
ABLE Checking cannot be opened in a Fifth Third Branch. To get started, contact a participating state plan.
No Monthly Service Charge If You:
- Have an average monthly balance of $250 or more during your statement cycle
- OR sign up for paperless statements
Otherwise, it's $2.00 per month.
- Fifth Third Debit Card – secure payment solution with direct access to your ABLE Checking account
- Unlimited check writing
- Access to over 50,000 fee-free ATMs
- No overdraft or non-sufficient funds fees
- Online and Mobile Banking access
- FDIC insurance up to maximum amount permitted by law
- Interest on balances1
- Tax advantages2 - pay no taxes on interest earned or on withdrawls used for qualified expenses such as health care, housing, transportation, or education3
- Fifth Third Instant Alerts - get immediate information on account and online security and instant notices for card and spending activity
- Paper or online statement options