COVID-19 Help and Resources
Fifth Third is Here for You—Anytime, Anywhere
From providing safe and healthy branch environments to offering hardship assistance programs, we’re here to help you during these challenging times. Remember: You can always bank with us anytime, anywhere online or through our mobile app.1
The Government Stimulus
How to access benefits
For questions about the status of your stimulus payment, please visit the IRS stimulus website for more information. At Fifth Third, we’re proud to support the implementation of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. The government stimulus offers a range of benefits, including direct payments and relief for businesses.
Our Branch Lobbies Are Open
Our branch lobbies and Bank Mart® are open to serve you. You can use our branch and ATM locator to find your nearest branch or ATM4 and view updated hours and contact information. Learn about what to expect the next time you visit.
Enhanced identification procedures. Please bring your government-issued photo ID, such as a state driver’s license or U.S. passport.
With Fifth Third’s Online and Mobile Banking Features, You Can Always:
- Check your accounts for balances and the latest transaction information
- Securely deposit checks3 with your mobile device
- Manage your account profile to ensure your contact information is up to date
- Send and receive money to virtually anyone with a valid U.S. phone number or email address with Zelle® 4
- Pay bills, including your Fifth Third credit cards, loans, mortgages and other bills
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Send a message to customer service
New to Online and Mobile Banking?
It's easy to get started. For online banking, you can sign up here.
You can also download our mobile app:
COVID-19 Hardship and Loan Payment Assistance
If you're experiencing a financial hardship with your mortgage, please visit our online loan solution center to tell us about your situation and start the review process. Borrowers with an existing forbearance can access the online loan solution center to review your next steps.
If you are unable to log in or have other hardship questions, please call us at 877-366-5520 for assistance.
Mortgage: Up to 180-day payment forbearance which may be extended up to an additional 180 days at the borrower’s request. In addition, the forbearance can be shortened at the borrower’s request.
During the forbearance period:
- We won’t charge late fees.5
- Interest will accrue on your loan.
- We will report your loan as current with a notation that the loan is in forbearance and we won’t report missed payments to the consumer reporting agencies during the forbearance period.
- We won’t refer the loan to foreclosure.
You may select one of four options at the end of the forbearance period:
- Be evaluated for a loan modification to move missed payments to the back of loan, extending the loan term.
- Add the missed payments to the end of the loan as a lump sum payment. Due and payable upon maturity, payoff or finance.
- Agree to a repayment plan with our hardship team.
- Make a lump sum payment after the forbearance period expires.
Escrow: If your monthly mortgage payment included escrow, the deferral amount will not include your missed escrow payments. This means your account may have a shortage at the next annual escrow analysis and the escrow portion of your monthly mortgage payment may increase. If there is a shortage at the time of your annual escrow analysis, you will have options to pay the shortage in full or we will spread it over 60 months. Additionally, your payment may still go up if your taxes and/or insurance increase, even if there is no shortage. Learn the basics of your escrow account here at EscrowHelp, contact us at 800-972-3030 or refer to your previous escrow analysis statement.
Consumer and Business Customer Service
For personal banking questions, representatives are available at 800-972-3030, hours of operations can be found on the Customer Service page. For Business Banking service, please call 877-534-2264.
Please note, if you call us, you may experience a longer wait time than normal, as we help those impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
Count on Our Support
Whether you just need a few questions answered or you need assistance getting back on your feet and getting your finances back in order, we’re ready to help. Since 1858, we’ve been here for our customers. And that’s never going to change.
As always, thank you for choosing Fifth Third.