Request Hardship Assistance
Request hardship assistance in online banking anytime, or through our dedicated line during business hours.
Please contact Fifth Third if you are experiencing financial hardship regarding a Fifth Third mortgage, home equity line or loan, auto loan, or credit card, now or in the future. Because call wait times may be longer than usual, we encourage you to log into your account on 53.com to request hardship assistance with our easy-to-use hardship request form that guides you every step of the way.
After logging in, simply select “Request Assistance” directly from your Accounts page and follow the guided process to complete your request. Fifth Third representatives are also available to assist you with questions related to your hardship request, and other customer service needs, in online banking—click the Fifth Third messenger icon in the lower right corner of your screen after logging in to start a conversation with our team.
If this is your first time accessing your account online, please register to get started. Phone representatives are also available at 877-366-5520 from 8 a.m.—5 p.m. ET, Monday—Friday.
Fifth Third thanks you for your patience as we navigate this situation together.
- Consumer Credit Card Payment Waiver: We are offering to waive the monthly payment requirement on Consumer Credit Cards for up to 90 days with no late fees.5
- Consumer Fee Waiver Program: Fee waivers for up to 90 days for a range of consumer products and services.
- Mortgage: Up to 180-day payment forbearance with no late fees.5 Mortgage customers in need of assistance have three options at the end of the forbearance period:
- Make a lump sum payment after the forbearance period expires.
- Agree to a repayment plan with our hardship team.
- Be evaluated for loan modification workout options to move missed payments to the back of loan, extending the loan term.
- Foreclosures: Suspension of all foreclosure activity on homes for the next 60 days.
- Home Equity Loan/Line of Credit Deferral Program: Payment deferred for up to 180 days and no late fees during the deferral period5
- Vehicle and Personal Loan/Line of Credit Deferral Program: Payment deferred for up to 90 days and no late fees during the deferral period.5
- Vehicle Repossessions: Suspension of all repossession activity on vehicles for the next 60 days.
- Business Banking Fee Waiver Program: We will refund select fees for 90 days for Business Banking deposit accounts and services. Please contact 877-534-2264 or your banker for details.
- Business Banking Payment Deferral Program: We are offering a payment deferral program for up to 90 days, no late fees and a range of loan modification options.